Charity / Community Champion
Throughout the sector individuals or teams are going above and beyond everyday business activities, finding innovative ways to raise money for charity or put something back into their local community. This award is a chance to shine a spotlight on this important but often little recognised part of business life.Download Entry Form
Innovation Team of the Year
What recent innovation has had the biggest impact on your business? This is a chance to recognise the cross functional team involved in successful innovation from concept through to implementation.Download Entry Form
Operations Manager of the Year
This award recognises the senior manager responsible for overseeing the production of goods or provision of services. Tell us how the nominee ensures the smooth running of the operation and an efficient service to customers.Download Entry Form
This is an individual in a customer facing role from any level within the business who has worked tirelessly and often against the odds to ensure customer satisfaction. The winning candidate is likely to have demonstrated impressive sales growth from their initiative or idea.Download Entry Form
Training and Development Champion
Possibly but not necessarily from within the Human Resources function, this nominee is someone who puts the development of others first and has initiated programmes or delivered hands-on training that have yielded tangible results for the business.Download Entry Form
Business Transformation of the Year
This award is for an individual or team that has successfully driven through a dramatic change, transforming the way the business operates with a very positive impact on performance.Download Entry Form
Every business has one of these gems. The go-to colleague because they know absolutely everything there is to know about an aspect or function of the business. The winner of this award will be simply irreplaceable!Download Entry Form
Apprentice of the Year
This award is open to an individual starting out in their career as an apprentice. Nominees should demonstrate skill and dedication beyond their experience and promise for a very bright future in their chosen field.Download Entry Form
Technical / Health and Safety Champion
This person will be a real front runner in the fields of food safety or Health & Safety, quality management and innovation. They will strive for excellence and take great steps to ensure the adoption, implementation and success of the technical systems, policies and projects within their business.Download Entry Form
Purchaser of the year
This award recognises how individuals have made a significant contribution to creating and implementing strategic procurement initiatives and taking their role one step further to help make an impact at operational, functional and strategic levels.Download Entry Form
Supply Chain / Logistics Team of the Year
A team-based award for supply chain, logistics or warehousing operations involving a single-site or across multi-sites. Teams should be able to demonstrate the delivery and management of strategic improvements in the efficiency of operations and logistics excellence. Consideration could include any procurement innovation or improve ways of working.Download Entry Form
Marketer of the year
The winning marketing person will be able to demonstrate the implementation of successful and innovative marketing strategies and campaigns. It recognises marketers that can demonstrate that their leadership has been instrumental in the success of their organisation.Download Entry Form
This award recognises the future leaders of the frozen food industry. The winner will be able to demonstrate how they have gone ‘above and beyond’ their current position to help drive measurable results for their organisation and/or the wider frozen food industry.Download Entry Form
Terms & Conditions
- The closing date for entries is 15th October 2018. Please ensure you complete your entries by this date in order to be eligible for free entry. Entries should not exceed 950 words in total and should relate to work undertaken between May 2017 and October 2018. Entries made before the closing date will be free of charge.
- Late entries may be accepted after this date at the judges’ discretion, however these may be subject to a late entry charge. BFFF reserves the right to extend the closing deadline, amend categories or not award categories, should the entries received not reach the required standard or insufficient entries be received.
- Please ensure you read the criteria for the award categories you are entering. Remember to use evidence such as quotes and statistics and include as much information as possible in your entry form within in the 950 word limit. Please complete all sections of the form, entries that are incomplete or exceed the stated word limit may not be accepted.
- All entrants must supply at least one company logo or image relating to the nominee, which may be used on our website or in marketing activities should your entry be shortlisted. Please supply this high resolution JPEG format and upload to the website along with your entry.
- You may also submit 1 piece of supporting evidence with your entry in PDF format.
- All completed and returned entries will be acknowledged online and a confirmation email will be sent containing details of your entry/entries. Please check all details of your confirmation email and contact us if you have any queries. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact Ellie Stott at Pelican Communications on 01475 820 807 or email email@example.com.
- The organisers do not accept any responsibility for loss of any entry.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Feedback may be given regarding the selection of short-listed nominations or winners at the judges’ discretion.
- We will not publish your entries without first seeking approval. However, winners are sometimes asked following the awards if they are willing to allow their entries to be made public for future marketing and promotion. If you wish for any part of your entry to remain confidential, for example sales figures or targets, please make this clear on your entry form. Please see below for an example:
Due to this person’s work, the business has increased operating profit by [CONFIDENTIAL STARTS] £1.3m [CONFIDENTIAL ENDS]
- The awards are open only to BFFF members and associate members.
- Event tickets are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. All payments are due in advance of the event. Booking will be held on a provisional basis and will not be confirmed until payment is made in full. We regret that refunds cannot be made if tickets are cancelled within 28 days of the event.