Factory manager of the year
This award recognises the management of the operational team, how the nominee has improved the work environment for employees, what he/she has done to overcome difficulties, and leadership in training and developing junior staff.Download Entry Form
Product developer of the year
This award recognises creativity and innovation across multiple product examples taking into account concept, ambition and project execution.Download Entry Form
This person will be a front-runner in the fields of food safety and quality management. They will focus on excellence in food safety management systems and driving innovation in instilling a food safety and quality in their business.Download Entry Form
Health and safety champion
The winning person will have been seen to go ‘above and beyond’ to improve safety within their business. The award recognises leadership the ability to demonstrate that this person’s policies and actions have achieved a demonstrable improvement in health and safety performance.Download Entry Form
Purchaser/buyer of the year
This award recognises how individuals have made a significant contribution to creating and implementing strategic procurement initiatives and taking their role one step further to help make an impact at operational, functional and strategic levels.Download Entry Form
This award recognises individuals who demonstrate a strong commercial awareness with the ability to implement vision and deliver measurable and impactful business plans and strategies. The award will reward an individual who demonstrates strong team working skills both in a leadership and co-working environment and who can demonstrate real, tangible growth for their business.Download Entry Form
Supply chain champion
This award celebrates those that have taken leadership of a scheme or initiative which has developed tangible and measurable benefits for their organisation as well as for the wider supply chain.Download Entry Form
Marketer of the year
The winning marketing person will be able to demonstrate the implementation of successful and innovative marketing strategies and campaigns. It recognises marketers that can demonstrate that their leadership has been instrumental to the success of their organisation.Download Entry Form
The successful nominee will be able to demonstrate how their leadership has enabled their team to continually exceed expectations for customers resulting in clear and measureable improvements in performance for their business unit.Download Entry Form
Sustainability leader award
This award celebrates the individual who has been influential in improving the environmental and sustainable performance of their organisation and/or the frozen food industry.Download Entry Form
Rising star award
This award recognises the future leaders of the frozen food industry. The winner will be able to demonstrate how they have gone ‘above and beyond’ their current position to help drive measurable results for their organisation and/or the wider frozen food industry.Download Entry Form
Terms & Conditions
- The closing date for entries is 6th October 2017. Please ensure you complete your entries by this date in order to be eligible for free entry. Entries should not exceed 1500 words in total and should relate to work undertaken between May 2016 and October 2017. Entries made before the closing date will be free of charge in the awards’ inaugural year.
- Late entries may be accepted after this date at the judges’ discretion, however these may be subject to a late entry charge. BFFF reserves the right to extend the closing deadline, amend categories or not award categories should the entries received not reach the required standard.
- Please ensure you read the criteria for the award categories you are entering. Remember to use evidence such as quotes and statistics and include as much information as possible in your entry form within the 1500-word limit. Please complete all sections of the form, entries that are incomplete or exceed the stated word limits may not be accepted.
- All entrants must supply at least one company logo or image relating to the nominee, which may be used on our website or in marketing activities should your entry be shortlisted. Please supply this in high resolution JPEG format and upload to the website along with your entry
- You may also submit supporting evidence with your entry, this can be in the form of a short (four page) presentation, a video statement or other creative format.
- All completed and returned entries will be acknowledged online and a confirmation email will be sent containing details of your entry / entries. Please check all details of your confirmation email and contact us if you have any queries. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact Rachel Ferguson at Pelican Communications on 01457 820807 or email Rachel.email@example.com
- The organisers do not accept any responsibility for loss of any entry.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Feedback may be given regarding the selection of short-listed nominations or winners at the judges’ discretion.
- We will not publish your entries without first seeking approval. However winners are sometimes asked following the awards if they are willing to allow their entries to be made public for future marketing and promotion. If you wish for any part of your entry to remain confidential, for example sales figures or targets, please make this clear on your entry form. Please see below for an example:
Due to this person’s work, the business has increased operating profit by [CONFIDENTIAL STARTS] £1.3m [CONFIDENTIAL ENDS].
- The awards are open to both BFFF members and non-members, however non-members must include details of their organisation’s involvement in the frozen food industry within their entry (note – this will not be included in the 1500-word count). All organisations nominating an individual must have at least some involvement in the frozen food retail or foodservice industry, it will be up to the judges’ discretion to determine if an entry meets this criteria based on the information provided.
- These awards are designed to celebrate individuals working in the frozen food industry, entries should nominate a specific individual rather than a team.
- Event tickets are allocated on a first-come first-served basis. All payments are due in advance of the event. Bookings will be held on a provisional basis and will not be confirmed until payment is made in full. We regret that refunds cannot be made if tickets are cancelled within 28 days of the event.